EU Human Rights Committee held a hearing on 24th September 2014 about Andargachew Tsege a UK citizen currently held in unknown location in Ethiopia .
Please follow link http://freeandargachew.com/eu-
- Maya Foa of Reprieve clearly stating why Andargachew Tsege’s case is illegal and UK must demand its immediate release;
- MEP Ms Ana Gomes impassioned demands to EU and UK to do more than release statements to address the Human rights violation in Ethiopia against political opposition parties as well journalists;
- MEP Mr. Richard Howitt asking the Chair to issue a statement to UK and Ethiopian authorities demanding the immediate return of Andargachew Tsege to UK;
- Chairperson Elena VALENCIANO MARTÍNEZ-OROZCO trying to make EEAS (European External Action Service – Foreign Affairs EU) Horn of Africa accountable stating “I understand you need to intervene if necessary but it is necessary”;
- MEP Petras AUŠTREVIČIUS asking if any actions have been taken by EU since their last statement in late July “to bring those responsible to the daylight” EEAS (European External Action Service) dodging the real questions and talking about the election commission work and supporting the UK on Andargachew’s case;
- Emma Achilli of Front line Defenders making the case for the Zone 9 bloggers who have been unjustly detained;
- Ethiopian Embassy representative defending the un-defendable.
In the video there is a reference to the statement issued by UK FCO in relation to Andargachew’s case to EU Human Rights committee, it reads as follows